In the beginning, many web developers get confused about choosing the best web development platform to start their website-building work. Thus, selecting the wrong web development platform can make it hard for you.
In this blog, we will share the most essential web development platform that every website developers use in their project. After reading this list you can find 5 to 6 tools that make your web development work easy.
So, let’s start the journey.
Best Web development platform for Web Developers
Here is a list of the best web development platform, both free and paid. It allows you to create, edit and update websites without a sweat. And if you are a beginner or have no coding experience, you can develop websites using the WYSIWYG editors that we included in this collection.
1 Bootstrap: Front-end editor for web development projects
As a popular and powerful framework, Bootstrap is designed for leading developers to create beautiful designs for websites with HTML, CSS, and JS. With the most advanced web development features, Bootstrap is a well-known website development platform for worldwide technical users.
Main features of Bootstrap Editor:
- It gives a great sample library of free Bootstrap form templates and available examples, including custom components, frames, navbars, experiments, and many more.
- With default Bootstrap components and tools you can get a few customization options.
- In this platform the team features and various support features are available.
2 WordPress – The most popular web development platform
WordPress is a blogging platform developed in PHP and supports building your website on your own server with a PHP/MySQL database. As one of the best web development tools, the platform can be used as a Content Management System to set up a commercial website. You just need to choose a reliable WordPress hosting space for your business.
Its features include a WYSIWYG text editor, multi-author, search engine optimized permalinks, static page, Trackback, member registration/login, and many other freehand paid features.
Main features of WordPress website builder:
- Easy to install and get started with dozens of web creation tools.
- Rich third-party plugins to use advanced features, flexible and powerful.
- You can use so many templates and themes for absolutely free.
- SEO is optimized and friendly to get a high ranking on SERPs.
- It has a robust support community of developers.
3 Weebly – The easiest web development platform for beginners
As another popular website development tool this web builder can be a good platform to start building a website. Moreover, Among people who want to start their own site, Weebly is straightforward and aimed at personal, business, and professional websites.
It allows you to work on-site development without coding experience. Meanwhile, you can choose HTML/CSS editing if you have a coding background.
Main features of Weebly website builder:
- Over 40 layout designs, including sitemaps and portfolios, to help spark your web design and development.
- Lots of info buttons, pop-ups, lists, and email sequences to keep your workflow well taken care of.
- Easily switch between responsive and trendy templates/themes available in the app.
4 Mockplus – an all-in-one web prototyping development tool
As a comprehensive design tool for designers and developers, Mockplus is able to create the fastest, innovative, and accessible drag-and-drop website prototypes that support mobile and desktop apps. It is a cloud-based platform wireframe designing platform that makes the wireframe development process very simple for you.
This website development tool can offer many unmatched features for better design and development. With this tool, you can easily collaborate with your team members on the project.
Main features of MockPlus prototype development platform:
- It offers several features to improve the design efficiency of creating repetitive elements and web page layouts, such as repeater, data auto-fill, formatting, and embed style.
- The most comprehensive way to preview and test your project, including export to image, export to demo package, publish to online and offline HTML, display in mobile app with QR code, etc.
5 Adobe Dreamweaver – One of the most trusted web development tools for web developers
It is a proprietary web development tool from Adobe Systems that is available for both macOS and Windows. In addition, it provides you with a pleasant web experience combined with a code editor and audience view. Another great thing is that the platform offers a free trial to give you time to experiment and see if it’s right for you.
- It’s also has a WYSIWYG interface that helps you to see how the final result of your world will look as you create it.
6 MAMP – Local web development solution for macOS and Windows
MAMP is an excellent open-source integration platform that can be installed on macOS and Windows. It is a free local server; MAMP Pro 5 is a commercial, professional frontend tool that allows Mac OS X users to easily install Apache, MySQL, PHP, Accelerator, and PHPMyAdmin.
Main features of MAMP web development solution:
- It allows professional web developers to manage their development environment easily.
- It simulates an actual test environment for a PHP script by opening a local mail server.
7 Macaw – The best website builder platform for people who know how to code
Among the best web design tools, Macaw gives the ability to create a responsive website with beautiful typography and system fonts, allowing you to style elements at once. If you are looking for free website design platform with a mild learning curve and flexibility, then this platform is a good option for your project.
Main features of Macaw for Web developers:
- Save design elements to your own library for later use.
- Alchemy can convert your design elements into CSS or HTML.
- There is a real-time layout engine that allows you to manipulate design elements easily.
- Macaw will optimize your entire website for all devices.
8 Github – the world’s leading platform development platform
You need to know GitHub to be a qualified developer. As a development platform, it connects more than 40 million developers worldwide and inspires them to find the best solutions, high-quality designs, and open source. It also offers code review, project management, and bug-tracking services for each project.
Main features of Github web development platform:
- Built-in reviewers provide seamless code review.
- Project management tools help identify, assign and track progress.
9 Spectra – The fastest website builder for WordPress
Spectra is a visual block editor plugin that takes the default WordPress editor further. It adds 28 blocks, a library of professional quality templates, wireframes, and patterns you can use for any web design.
Brainstorm Force created Spectra, the people behind the free Astra theme (premium packages available), using the same philosophy as the theme to make it fast and easy to use while providing great features.
- Adds 28 blocks to the WordPress editor
- It adds a variety of templates, wireframes, and patterns
- Visual site builder with intuitive tools
- Fast, zero bloats, and very easy to use
- It works exactly like WordPress, so you don’t have to learn
10 Photoshop – market’s leading photo and graphics editor platform for web developers
Since Photoshop is an essential tool for web development these days, more and more people are drawn to master this platform. Thanks to its powerful features, it has become an integral part of website creation. To learn more you can visit their official site.
Main features PhotoShop Editor:
- Create and enhance photos, illustrations, and 3D artwork.
- Video editing simulates actual paintings and more.
Being a website developer takes a lot of time and effort that requires strong analytical skills, but being a good web developer is more than just knowing how to code.
The best developers are those who know how to manage their time, distinguish between good and bad code, and know when is the right time to use certain technologies.
Knowing the ins and outs of the business world has always been an asset for developers, helping them gain even more respect from their clients and others in their industry.
So you see, every good developer knows at least one language relevant to his job and understands other aspects of the business to further his career as far as possible. Use these websites daily, and you will be aware of trends and developments in web design.
In the end, if you want to read more tips and tricks that enhance your web design and website development skills, then follow TopCSSGallery.