Are you stuck in managing projects and don’t know how to improve productivity and reduce stress?
Top project management tools will help you solve these issues and improve your work performance.
We all need to work smart rather than hard in today’s working life. We have lots of work to compete in this emulous market.
When we talk about business, we have to handle the clients, market, resources, and tasks, whether we are individuals or organizations.
To complete all the work, everyone needs to organize everything. Good project management software can help you organize tasks and automatically create reports. This report helps you track your KPIs and individual performance.
So let’s get started with an introduction to project management tools or task management software.
What are the top project management Software tools?
The Project Management tool is a business software class used to organize work schedules, plan resources, and perform automated administrative tasks in a multi-stakeholder organization. It allows project managers to manage the workload and form productive teams that deliver project goals.
Current projects with complex dependencies, time constraints, and budget concerns often use project management applications to create customized workflows that reduce project risk. Project management tools come complete with full-time management features, tasks, and project data in total.
Besides project management, software products offer advanced features, such as stakeholder engagement, project timeline management, and production reporting.
Tools are available in software-as-a-Service cloud models, such as native desktop and mobile applications.
For example, an IT Product Manager may use Task Manager Software to track module development, as given in the last few days. However, the Marketing Agency manager can contact customers and assign campaign activities to their team members.
Let’s Read – 15 best open source project management software tools in 2022
Here are some examples of the best project management software tools.
1. Asana – best project management software for small teams
Asana is a project management software that enables remote teams to participate in projects. Team members can create task lists to organize their daily tasks and activities. As a project management tool that supports several project features, such as Team Calendar, Gantt Charts, Files, and more.
Asana is a standard project application that we can use in multiple situations. It is used by everyone, from agencies to software teams, to manage their projects. The tool provides a visual interface that sets out project plans and deliverables, enhancing rich project knowledge.
Top Asana Features
When we talk about their best features, then here is a short list;
- It helps in creating team goals and tracking project completion status.
- You can view your tasks in the timeline, board, list, and calendar.
- Also check the amount of work assigned to members of each team to improve project implementation.
- You can collect custom responses from team members and customers to process data.
- This tool also helps you create automated workflows to reduce dependence on robot functions.
Benefits of Asana
Here is a list of benefits of using Asana Software for your team:
- This open-source project management software can manage many works, like sales, marketing, and performance.
- Project templates make it easy for teams to get started with Asana.
- You can integrate several popular workflow management apps like Microsoft Teams, Jira Cloud, survey integration with Salesforce, etc.
- It is easy to understand the progress of a project by creating a project portfolio view.
Asana offers $10.99 per user per month for Premium and $24.99 for the Business plan. Both systems differ in the features found in their groups. The Business Plan has advanced features such as custom rules and verification.
2. Mavenlink is the best project management software for small business
Mavenlink is used by professional service providers such as agencies, studios, and customer service teams to manage everything from payment to team interactions. The software makes it easy to track each team member’s performance by monitoring the projects they are working on. It also brings the team and collaborative features.
With project management, managers can monitor work conditions and timelines using the Gantt chart view. It also allows company owners or stakeholders to view business intelligence information using photo reports.
Top features of Mavenlink
As the best task management software for individuals, Mavenlink has many features to make work easy. Here are some of them;
- Examine how individual service providers in your team perform their assigned tasks and projects.
- Plan a complete project budget and look at how much work is paid to all your teams per hour and project.
- View task timetables for all the tasks assigned to team members in the Gantt chart view.
- Let all team members submit project updates, requests, or report problems to the central working board that supports comments.
Benefits of Mavenlink
Mavenlink is the best project management software for small teams. It has so many benefits like this.
- Designed to keep service professionals in mind, it enables agency owners and branch heads to manage their organizations more effectively.
- The accounting features of the project take care of the financial reporting in one place.
- Include popular business apps like Jira, Xero, Sage, and QuickBooks.
- Our costs and job tracking features extensively benefit customer service organizations.
Mavenlink plans start at $39 per user per month billed annually. This plan includes project and Financial Management. Additional programs have an average value.
3. Confluence is the best task management software for individuals
Confluence is the best task management software for individuals based on the Information Management System. The software works well, integrating multi-departmental teams from a single source of information on all projects. It includes various templates to create dynamic documents containing project information.
Teams can define goals, track whether their strategies are working, and measure outcomes to improve efficiency. It also has a working board that brings together different groups in the same organization.
Higher Features of Confluence
After a short introduction, here is the list of some advantages you got from this task management software:
- Create project documents and information sheets using rich marking tools like tables, lists, and more.
- Keep track of project progress and stakeholder details with the help of Jira’s integration.
- Confluence is an internal information-sharing intranet where employees can discuss relevant topics.
- Many team members can work on the same document in real-time with the nine collaborative features offered on the software.
Benefits of Confluence
After the Features, here are some significant benefits you get from confluence project management tools.
- Teams can build knowledge bases to provide project needs in a collaborative environment.
- Extensive use situations such as Developer Documentation, Guidelines, and Project Wikis can also be created using Confluence.
- It includes other information management applications, such as Jira, Trello, Slack, etc., to add additional functionality.
- Use pre-built quick templates for project activities such as Project Plan, Business Status Update, Sprint Retrospective, etc.
Confluence task management software is offered for $5 per user per month for at least 10 users on the Standard program. The Premium plan is $10 per user per month for at least 10 users.
4. Shortcut – best free task management software
The Shortcut is a top project management software. This tool provides project tools, such as News Creations and Epics, for development teams to track activities using the Agile Development approach. Participants can track the repetitions and events of the project as well.
The software also integrates Github, Gitlab, and Slack, making it easy to manage shipping and code issues. A well-written API makes it easy to create a workflow within a group.
Top features of Shortcut
Here are some features list of project management software online:
- The best features of software project management using the Agile approach. Agile is an iterative project management and software development approach that helps teams deliver hassle-free value to their customers fastly.
- Create project Wikis, developer documents, and other information documents for the entire team to refer to quickly.
- Plan software projects by integrating feature development activities, key events, etc., and track progress.
- Managers can access cycle and lead time charts, downtime charts, and other project evaluation reports.
Benefits of Shortcut
Here are some benefits of Shortcut:
- This software makes development projects easier to manage and organize.
- Software teams can manage their work schedules and information management needs on the same platform.
- It enhances the ability of teams to work together to help them become more successful in their development efforts.
- Reporting features allow managers, scrum professionals, and project trackers to make informed decisions.
This software provides their free version to enable a faster ship for a small software team.
Second, The Team Plan bills at $8.50/user per month if pre-paid annually or $10/user per month on the monthly subscription.
Same with the Business Plan bills on the monthly subscription at $16/user per month, and for pre-paid annually $12/user per month.
Celoxis is a project and resource management software integrated into one. It helps companies manage their workload and manage project costs and staff schedules.
Celoxis’ integration enables organizations to filter multiple needs with a single tool, which reduces reliance on multiple tools for different purposes.
Project management software also comes with customer interaction. Clients can view activity logs and collaborate with your team to receive project updates. This project management tool can benefit agencies that work hard with many clients to manage their projects.
Top Celoxis Features
Here are the top features of the best PMS tools:
- Plan your projects using Gantt charts and create staff schedules according to the needs of each business.
- Track performance and activities across all projects, build interdependence between projects and ensure a smooth workflow.
- View the project portfolio you can do to meet your reporting and analysis needs.
- Timetables allow organizations to record operating hours for each project and track charged hours and day-to-day intelligence.
Benefits of Celoxis
With all these features, you can get the following benefits from the Celoxis PMS:
- Celoxis incorporates multiple projects and workplace management requirements, making it an excellent choice for various management needs.
- An innovative and intuitive reporting dashboard makes it easy for managers to generate reports while managing a project portfolio.
- The project management tool brings multiple departments, such as administration, operations, and HR, into one place.
- We can customize the tool to track bugs, applications, project risks, and more.
- The software is available through a local system, which gives you complete control over your company’s data.
Celoxis offers its services in two categories. First, subscription-based, you can get monthly, yearly, billed 2-yearly, and billed 3-yearly subscription-based services.
For this service, Celoxis charges per user monthly at $25 with 2 GB of space and free technical support (discounts are available on yearly base purchases). And the second-billed once on-premise plan at $450 includes updates, Free support for 1 year, and Free clients & virtual users.
6. Jira – Agile Project Management Tool
Jira is an Agile project management software built on an Agile approach. It enables fast software development teams for any team using the Agile process. It is loaded with Kanban boards, custom workflow, and stakeholder features to facilitate the flow of Agile projects.
Groups have the freedom to create a natural workflow that integrates with other tools like GitHub or BitBucket. This combination of several tools makes Jira a strong competitor to Agile software development teams. From the product roadmap to the run and take-off, Jira captures everything.
Top features of Jira
Let’s talk about their best features, here is a short list;
- Project managers can distribute tasks to the team through user issues, deadlines, and accurate running schedules.
- Track sprint progress and code quickly executed with a cohesive forum for discussing many code issues.
- For easy tracking, check all releases with version control, release progress, and usage details.
- Merge QAs, engineers, DevOps, and BAs in one place to take part in product development constructively.
Benefits of Jira
- Jira makes the flexibility of managing Agile software projects easier with its specific features, like sprint editing and user issues.
- While any Agile team can use Jira, it offers many software development features: its core customer base.
- It also includes in-house tools provided by Atlassian, such as Confluence and BitBucket, and many others to improve performance.
- Teams looking to use CI / CD in their development framework can benefit from Jira’s customization.
Jira has a $7 per user per month for at least 10 users in your group regularly. The premium plan is offered at $14 per user per month. Both programs are billed monthly.
7. Backlog – Software Project Management Tool
Backlog is a project management software IT team needs to simplify and track software development flow. Some useful features include Kanban Boards, Gantt Charts, and Wikis. These modules are essential for the entire software team as they help them manage their daily operations.
One USP Backlog allows developers to work together at the code level. Opens code editor screens, extracts, and delivers follow-up updates and group comments. Agile teams are constantly working to create products that will find this feature helpful.
Advanced Features Backlog
These are the list of few features of Backlog software:
- Track project activities according to the project timeline and manage them according to the work status in the Kanban board view.
- The report discusses and tracks bugs across software for easy resolution.
- Work at the code level. Mark the changes, leave a comment, and repeat better with deep engagement with other team members.
- Create project wikis to spread information across the team and keep clean documentation for all project updates.
Benefits of Backlog
After the features, here are some benefits of this excellent software.
- Reversal helps manage code-level changes in software teams through its detailed coding.
- Companies developing software and product development agencies can exercise profound control over their projects.
- It covers two major components – code tracking and collaboration with participants, which is impossible without using many tools in any other way.
- Other aspects of project management, such as tasks, deadlines, etc., can help increase productivity levels in a team.
The Backlog has plans starting at $35 per month, covering 35 users and 5 projects up to $175 per month with unlimited users.
8. MeisterTask – Activity Management Tool
MeisterTask is part of the Meister Suite that provides tools for the production of team projects. This is a task management software that provides many features for tracking, dashboard, editing, and reporting functions.
The visual user interface of the beautiful sounds fresh and accurate. Toolkit features include all the critical functionality management features, such as Kanban boards, automation, and custom fields.
Compatible with productive Android and iOS mobile apps, MeisterTask is suitable for many group use. It has charged for using marketing, software teams, remote work management, and more. It also comes with an individual production agenda board for individual production.
Top features of MeisterTask
These are some of the features.
- Create and track activities with content data, such as deadlines, attachments, and subscribers.
- Plan your project implementation with Gantt Charts, and organize activities into Agile Kanban boards.
- Automatically perform robot functions in your workflow with basic default features, such as repetitive tasks.
- Create personal dashboards to meet all of your management needs.
Benefits of MeisterTask
Check out these fantastic benefits
- The software incorporates a glossy UX and a colorful UI, making it high for usability.
- The software has compatible desktop and mobile applications, making navigation easier for groups.
- Reporting features allow managers to create custom reports for informed decisions.
- MeisterTask integrates with popular applications such as Jira, Slack, etc., and uses case-based applications such as Zendesk, GitHub, and Zapier, making it compatible with many groups.
MeisterTask is priced at $4.19 per user per month if charged annually with the Pro version. The Business Plan has advanced features, such as Custom Forums and Permissions controls, priced at $10.39 per user per month.
SmartSheet is a customized project management tool focused on efficient workflow. Users can create their workflow, connect existing work applications with Smartsheet and gain a consistent flow of business data. This PMS tool allows teams to simplify their work priorities without being limited to the same features.
Top features of Smartsheet
This software works as an excel spreadsheet with advanced features. Here are some other features.
- Create a workflow by integrating tasks and automated management triggers. Conditional statements describe what happens when a task is completed or moved to the next stage.
- Users can streamline workflow to Smartsheet by connecting other business management tools such as Jira, GitHub, Slack, etc.
- Bring the entire process of your business to Smartsheet and pursue it as activities progress.
- The WorkApps feature allows you to create custom-made applications to perform repetitive workflow actions using the interface.
Benefits of Smartsheet
You can get these benefits for SmartSheet
- This tool is ideal for teams with complex operations relying on multiple tools to achieve business goals.
- Integrated software integrates with Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, Box, DocuSign, and more.
- Teams can create a fully customizable workflow to help navigate changing, ever-changing process needs.
- All team members have access to workflow views such as Kanban table boards, Gantt views, etc., for easy interaction.
An individual Smartsheet program is offered for a minimum of $14 per month, including 10 licenses. The Business Plan is priced at $25 per user per month, which is charged annually and contains all the advanced features.
10. Monitask for project management software
Monitask is an employee monitoring software that tracks employee activities to get product information. The tool records time by sending back screenshots of staff screens and generating timesheets.
PMS tool allows managers and executives to make policy decisions for increased productivity. The software is suitable for remote teams that work on flexible schedules and must report daily activities to employers.
Utilization cases are also extended to monitor staff arrival and change management time. Monitask may integrate with other project management software products to provide tracking information.
Top Monitask Features
Here is a short list of Monitask features.
- Monitask is traditionally installed on the user’s computer to take screenshots of activities performed during office hours.
- Tracks the time spent on various tasks and breaks records into time sheets for reporting.
- Managers can complete employee productivity by understanding timesheets and time-wasting habits.
- We can organize tasks of work schedules into workflow sheets for work allocation and resource planning.
Benefits of Monitask
- It allows employers to work with remote employees by providing an accurate production and performance tracking system.
- An easy-to-use client for recording time and screenshots minimizes usage challenges.
- Managers can make informed decisions about staff planning and resource allocation.
- HROs can track shift adherence and save time for all teams with one central dashboard.
Monitask is priced at $5.99 per user if billed monthly through the Pro program. Apart from this, additional functionality such as website tracking and APIs are offered for business and business plans costing $8.99 and $19.99 per user per month.
11. Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is a project management program that provides various project features for teams across the industry. It is a balanced combination of project tracking features such as Gantt charts and tasks and resource management features such as time sheets and cost tracking. This feature makes Zoho Projects one of the complete project tools.
Teams that use multiple process completion tools may find it easier to integrate with Zoho Projects to manage a project.
Top Features of Zoho Projects
- Managers can schedule tasks, communicate with team members, and perform automated workflow automation.
- Gantt chart viewing lets project planners keep track of small projects and keep the project up to date with scheduled deadlines.
- We can manipulate project costs and activities to deliver work within a budget and scope.
- Tasks and project views can be fully customized using customization features, such as custom categories and fields.
Benefits of Zoho Projects
- Zoho Projects incorporate many project management requirements into a single integrated interface.
- The clean UI enhances the tool’s usability and reduces the curve for learning and using effort.
- Organizations can create customized workflows to achieve more specific business objectives.
- The wide range of integration makes it easy to customize the flow of your assets with Zoho Projects.
Zoho Projects is priced at $5 per user per month with a monthly fee of 50 users via the Premium plan. The Enterprise program offers a high project volume and is priced at $10 per user per month charged monthly.
12. Metatask – Process Management Software
Metatask provides a framework for managing and performing automated operations in an organization to manage the process better.
This tool comes with a customizable workflow with many automatic features. You can define custom templates to complete tasks, create a consistent workflow, and save time in manual efforts.
Once you have created the process, members can view the assigned tasks. Managers can view dashboard processing to evaluate performance and produce informed decision-making reports. Tasks and procedures are customized with a wide range of data fields.
Top Metatask Features
- Create a custom workflow by defining a step-by-step process template.
- Perform robotic and logical robot operations. Explain what happens when a task is completed.
- Generate accurate data collection forms in the organization and synchronize workflow.
- Dashboard view to view, manage and perform tasks.
Benefits of Metatask
- Organizations with very complex workflows can change job management to reduce manual effort.
- Administrators have the freedom to divide the workflow into steps, making it easier to define custom thinking and trends.
- Process level managers can control the flow of tasks, tasks to be performed, and job descriptions.
Metatask is priced at $6 per month with at least 5 paid system users. All premium features are available in the paid system.
13. Hubstaff Tasks – Agile Project Management App
Hubstaff Tasks is a project management software for Agile teams, who need regular participation and planning activities in advance. Some Agile-related features include Sprint editing, automatic stop reporting, and Kanban flow function.
The tool also allows you to create a workflow with pre-designed templates. Users can track time across all activities to get the best sprint management. We can view each sprint in multiple project views for easy editing. Managers can gain control of project boundaries, such as ROI, budgets, and time management.
Top Features of Hubstaff Jobs
- Team members can work collaboratively following Agile workflows to reduce project conflicts.
- Project managers can build project roads to ensure the project is targeted.
- Time management allows members to record the time spent on each activity for better accountability.
- The project can be divide into Epics to facilitate significant projects and track the completion of individual Epics.
Benefits of Hubstaff Tasks
- Wise teams can better manage their daily routine, reduce project conflicts, and effectively shut down runners by keeping everyone aligned.
- The tool directly deals with a few Agile method elements, like Epics, time tracking, sprints, etc.
- Collaborative teams from various industries, such as Market, Software Development, Creative Agencies, etc., can benefit from Hubstaff Tasks.
Hubstaff services are price at $5 per user per month with a premium plan with 5 minor users. There are no feature limits; users get 5 GB of cloud storage.
14. Trello – Team Collaboration Software
Trello is a team collaboration tool that uses Kanban-style boards to display and manage team activities. Each board contains several columns of cards that carry job information. You can customize the cards, add job details and create a Kanban career flow for your project.
Trello’s strength lies in the orientation of a visual board that makes the whole project understandable and keeps everyone in line with the project’s objectives.
Trello is backed by Power-ups, allowing you to add custom functionality to boards. Many types of integration are available and help teams connect Trello with their processing tools.
Top features of Trello
- Kanban Boards allow team members to keep track of updates visually and create a well-integrated workflow of work tasks.
- Trello lets you automate workflow by allowing built-in default options for organizing tasks, reminders, and more.
- Integrate with the world of project tools while managing tasks at Trello.
- Expand Trello to do more with power-ups to track time, make notes, and add calendars.
Benefits of Trello
- It simplified user interaction that makes all project details understandable for the team to look at.
- Groups of any size, industry, or niche can use Trello to manage their projects.
- Trello boards and cards are customized, which gives you complete freedom to design workflow.
Trello offers standard and premium plans for $5 and $10 per user per month. A business plan costs $17.50 per user per month, which is charged annually. All plans vary in user assignments and performance.
GanttPro is project management software that uses Gantt Charts to visualize project timelines and task relationships. Gantt Charts, Boards, Lists, and Workloads are just a few of the project perspectives available in the software package.
Managers can complete the project with high productivity if they have a comprehensive understanding of the work progress among all team members.
You can also keep track of resources, establish timesheets, and optimize project budgets besides visualizing work. Teams can also start their projects using templates or develop their own unique Gantt Charts.
Best Features of GanttPro
- Projects may be organized into timelines with cross-connecting dependencies and dynamic due dates using this tool.
- Tasks might be planned days or weeks in advance by managers.
- Managers may schedule tasks days or weeks ahead and always be up to date on the status of all tasks.
- For optimum resource usage, administrators can plan resources and evaluate their availability and workload.
- Define project budgets and costs to see how the project is progressing about the budgets.
Advantages of GanttPro
- GanttPro is a visual project management tool that keeps project deliverables in sync and allows the team to prioritize what’s most essential.
- It’s simpler to design a project when you have many viewpoints on it.
- Stakeholders will be better able to cooperate on the project and complete duties with greater agility if they are aware of the project’s timeframe.
GanttPro costs $15 per user per month for the Individual plan and $8.90 per user per month for the Team plan, both payable yearly.
A project management tool is a business software class used to organize work schedules, plan resources, and perform automate administrative tasks in a multi-stakeholder organization.
Tools are available in software-as-a-Service cloud models, such as native desktop and mobile applications. Open-source project management software.
Asana can manage many tasks, like sales, marketing, and performance.
Mavenlink is used by agencies, studios, and customer service teams to manage everything from payments to team interactions. With project management, managers can monitor work conditions and timelines using the Gantt chart view. The software makes it easy to track each team member’s performance by monitoring the projects they are working on.
Confluence is the best task management software for individuals based on the Information Management System. The software works well, integrating multi-departmental teams from a single source of information on all projects.
Shortcut is a top project management software that tracks activities using the Agile Development approach.
Celoxis is a project and resource management software integrated into one. It helps companies manage their workload and manage project costs and staff schedules.
Shortcut makes development projects easier to manage and organize. The software provides a free version to enable a faster ship for small software teams.
Celoxis is a project management tool that helps agencies manage their projects. It’s subscription-based and can be billed monthly, yearly, billed 2-yearly, or billed 3-yearly. An intuitive reporting dashboard makes it easy for managers to generate reports while managing a project portfolio.
Jira is an Agile project management software. It enables fast software development teams for any team using the Agile process. Jira has Kanban boards, custom workflow, and stakeholder features to facilitate the flow of Agile projects.
Backlog is a project management software that IT needs to simplify and track software development flow. Some useful features include Kanban Boards, Gantt Charts, and Wikis.
MeisterTask is a task management software that provides many features for tracking, dashboard, editing, and reporting. The software incorporates a glossy UX and a colorful UI, making it highly usable. MeisterTask integrates with popular applications such as Jira, Slack, GitHub, and Zapier.
Smartsheet is a project management tool focused on efficient business operations. The WorkApps feature allows you to create custom-made applications to perform repetitive workflow actions. Smartsheet integrates with Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Monitask is an employee monitoring software that tracks employee activities to get product information.
Zoho Projects is a project management program that provides various project features for teams across the industry.
Trello is a team collaboration tool that uses Kanban-style boards to display and manage team activities. Some Agile-related features include Sprint editing, automatic stop reporting, and a Kanban flow function. Trello’s strength lies in the orientation of a visual board that makes the whole project understandable.
GanttPro is project management software that uses Gantt Charts to visualize project timelines and task relationships. Trello boards and cards are customize, which gives you complete freedom to design your workflow. Trello offers standard and premium plans for $5 and $10 per user per month.