Web development trends change every year, dictating new requirements to entrepreneurs, startups, and web developers.
It’s vital for all businesses to be aware of them to support ever-rising competition and set up the business development plan.
Here are the 8 web development trends you can use to grow your business online.
1. Progressive Web App (PWA)
PWA is similar to responsive websites and native mobile applications. It gives your website extra features like offline usage, pushes notifications, and hardware access.
Recent research shows that users prefer mobiles over desktops or tablets. PWA means that users can install your web app as a normal app on their mobiles or computers.
Progressive Web Apps is created to solve the issues users meet using websites: slow page loading, bad experience, no offline mode.
For example, popular companies like Alibaba, Twitter, Virgin America, and Forbes have already experienced the benefits of PWA like traffic increase and faster loading.
2. Single-Page Apps
Fresh and informative design of single page websites is a trend to watch out for. Users don’t need to download additional pages for every action.
Benefits for the users:
- Minimum information
- High speed
- They are user-friendly
- Minimize time
- Cost-effective solution
- Reduce bounce rate
- Save storage area
Single-page websites help entrepreneurs to keep user’s attention with limited content and attractive design.
3. Voice Search Optimization
Voice search will reach a new level of opportunities with AI technology.
According to Grand View Research, the voice recognition market will reach 31.82 billion by 2025.
Voice-based shopping is estimated to reach $40 billion in the US by 2022. More than 30% of all users will use voice assistants to look for information.
For this reason, you need to optimize your website for voice search as soon as possible. It will help you to reach your targeted customers and stay ahead of your competitors.
4. Ghost Buttons
Ghost Buttons are the latest web development trend. It’s a new way to create call-to-action for your website.
Benefits of using ghost buttons in web design:
- Easy to design. They have a simple round or square shapes, without flash elements. It’s just something you want to click on.
- Help to create touchpoints. Compared to traditional CTAs, ghost buttons are more attractive and sophisticated. They will help to focus users’ attention on primary imagery without giving them an overwhelming impression.
- Easy to integrate. Ghost buttons easily blind into the existing web design. Thus, you won’t need to use a new framework every time.
5. Motion UI
It’s one of the most powerful web development trends in 2021.
Motion UI library is a great solution to catch customer’s attention with animated elements like colors, fonts, icons. The library is providing a selection of unique and fun animations to your website and lets developers interact with them in different ways.
6. AI-Powered Chatbots
Demand for AI-powered chatbots will be on the rise in 2021.
When it comes to responses, AI-powered chatbots let users get answers to their questions in a fast manner.
Bots are trained to answer FAQs, connect with human client assistants, take orders, and so on.
Consequently, they will help businesses to increase user engagement, avoid delays, and cut client complaints.
But before building chatbots, you need to understand the customer’s goals and predict what issues can arise.
7. Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Accelerated Mobile Pages is one more web development trend you can’t ignore. This technology is created to speed up page performance and reduce bounce rate.
Benefits for business:
- Better customer experience. AMP pages are loaded in 2 seconds compared to 22 seconds of non-AMP pages. Consequently, they satisfy users’ needs, offering a fast experience across different devices and platforms.
- Good for SEO. Google loves fast websites. Speed is a key factor for desktop and mobile search. As you won’t need to personalize your web content, Google will find your website easily.
- Adjustment on any browser. They work with any browser, web viewer, or mobile app. Currently, they’re used by global giants like Google and Twitter.
8. Internet of Things
According to the Statista forecast, there will be over 50 billion connected IoT devices, building a big web of interconnected devices by 2030.
IoT will affect the future of web development in the following way:
- Make things easier. IoT-based web apps would be able to communicate directly with the smart devices to provide information to users on the go.
- In-depth programming knowledge. Users will use the front-end interface to interact with smart devices. Developers might need to use a powerful programming language to build a complex front-end and back-end of the application.
- Available content. It will be possible to display website content on different devices, like smartwatches, personal assistants, and others.
- Better contact. In the case of IoT, the data is transferred through the cloud to connected devices that improve the communication between users and websites.
- Need to boost website safety. As there will be a lot of interrelated devices, it’s essential to enhance security measures. Developers should approve strict security rules to prevent websites from hacker attacks.
Technologies have already had a massive impact on the web development process and it’s going to change the way users interpret the information.
The implementation of upcoming web trends is a perfect way to outrun the competition, and exceed customer expectations.